If you have decided that now might be a good time to start measuring some Law Firm KPIs to ensure that your firm makes progress more quickly with all of your marketing efforts, what would be a good idea to start to measure?
The purpose of this article is to provide you with some ideas for Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that would be good for you to measure. However, it is first worth considering what makes a good KPI.
In my opinion, a good KPI should be:
- S – specific. They should be specific and easy to understand.
- M – measurable. As with all targets, there is ‘No Treasure Without Measure‘ so you must be able to measure your KPI’s.
- A – achievable/attainable. You need to make the goals within your KPI’s achievable to ensure you remain focused on achieving them and do not give up too soon. You can always adjust them upwards again once you reach the first target.
- R – realistic. You have to be able to reach your target.
- T – timebound. When are you going to be able to hit the target?
Once you have considered this, here are some KPI’s you should be measuring (or at least considering measuring) which will help to make your law firm more successful:
- New files opened (often costs are measured but not new files opened each month, yet if you measure this one the other one tends to follow).
- Quotations/estimates provided.
- Website traffic overall.
- Website traffic by department.
- Pay Per Click Advertising:
- Overall spend;
- Average cost per click;
- Total clicks;
- Average Click Through Rate;
- Leads generated; and
- Average cost per lead
- Articles written and added to website.
- Articles submitted to local papers.
- Videos added to website.
- New prospects added to email marketing database.
- Email newsletters sent to client database.
- Blogs written.
- Referrals received.
- Potential new referrers of business contacted.
- Existing referrers of business thanked/looked after.
It is so important that you use KPI’s. If you are not currently doing so I would urge you to revisit this subject and start using them and monitoring them on a weekly basis. You might be staggered by the results this focus will achieve for you!
Free Guide – 8 Ways To Win New Client Instructions
Are you using the methods ALL of my consultancy clients use successfully to generate new client instructions every month on auto-pilot? Download my free guide which will tell you:
- The fatal mistakes most solicitors make with their advertising along with a formula to use to correct them
- How to finally find out what is working for you so you can do more of what works and stop doing what is not working
- The best form of marketing for solicitors (and you will be pleased to hear it does not involve spending thousands of pounds)
- How to make more of your ‘free advertising space’ which most solicitors completely overlook
- Website marketing – what are you missing, how can you improve or even what is it?
- Creating your army of salesmen for your services
- The one tip that could instantly increase your profits with NO COST whatsoever
You have nothing to lose and much to gain, so download the guide now and start taking the action that will bring you huge rewards.
Simply enter your details below to instantly receive the free guide please remember your email address is safe with me as I will NEVER pass it on):
A Solicitor already receiving my free marketing guide and advice says:
"My main concerns before signing up for the newsletter were that all marketing companies are the same. They give financially impractical information and advice insensitive to the needs of Solicitors or in the alternative, they tell you only that which we already know – but charge a hefty fee for the pleasure.
Simply put, your newsletter is none of the above. It is obvious from reading your newsletter that the advice is sensible, practical and sensitive to the different market place of Solicitors marketing professional services. Sometimes, your newsletter is a simple kick up the rear to make us do what we know we should be doing, but don’t because "we never have the time".
The three biggest benefits of your newsletter are:
- Practical sound advice
- Easy to implement processes that can at worst have a small positive effect on generating new business and at best do substantially more than that for virtually zero outlay.
- We learn something simple yet new everytime we see your newsletter and try to implement at least one idea each time we get the newsletter. That’s a dozen gently implemented marketing processes each year. All for free.
If you are considering signing up for the newsletter I would genuinely say to you that you would be mad if you dont sign up. The newsletter is free, its a no brainer.
Solicitors are our own worst enemy, we work long hours often illogically, and dont make time for important things like sensible marketing – and then we bleat on about how we are getting squeezed and challenged by Tesco’s etc.
The future of the law is for innovators, get with the programme or be left behind – and being left behind is a slow painful demise in the legal world.
People like you Nick, make us smell the coffee and get to work. "
Shak Inayat, Penn Legal
Author: Nick Jervis