I thought it would be helpful to set out here what happens when a solicitor starts undertaking marketing activities for the first time, or perhaps not the first time but this time with renewed vigour.
Just like anything in business, it does not always pan out as the solicitor might like, well not instantly. I understand this is frustrating, but wanted to share a common journey that needs to be travelled before the success which is being sought is achieved. I hope it might help you to stay on track until it all comes together:
- Start marketing! The solicitor is excited at the prospects and opportunities that lie ahead. “This is it – it is going to be successful, I can feel it!.
- The solicitor gets busy making things happen. He chooses a marketing tactic or two to get started. He engages suppliers to help him. All is good and he is still excited at the moment.
- The marketing campaign starts. Still excited at this point but also a bit nervous…
- Nothing much happens at first. Panic. Stop! Fear. ‘I should never have done this’ the solicitor starts to think to himself. ‘Shall I go back to how it was and hope that things just get better? No, I really can’t do that any more as that definitely wasn’t working. That is why I started this process. I must push through this phase with force and might and make it work’, he says to himself.
- Results start coming. Some are not right – the wrong type of clients or the wrong type of enquiries. There is the odd good one but still not enough to get excited about yet. Persevere!
- The marketing now starts producing good results regularly and consistently and the right type of clients – hurrah!
- Don’t stop now, choose another marketing tactic and go again – never rely on just one marketing tactic!
Has this happened to you?
If this has happened to you, I would love to hear from you and to hear how you got past this sticking point. Please leave a comment below and I will respond. Thank you.
Ready To Take Action And See Results Now?
Please call 0117 290 8555 to arrange a mutually convenient time for a telephone discussion, Email me or complete a Free Online Enquiry. There is no cost or obligation. We will have a chat about where you are and where you would like to be and I will suggest some things you can do to get there quickly.