Would you like more client instructions coming from your law firm website but do not know where to start in terms of copywriting or law firm website design?
I am Nick Jervis, and as a former solicitor, I understand what it is like both inside a law firm and perhaps more importantly, I understand what your clients are looking for when choosing a law firm from the outside.
I speak with hundreds of solicitors every year, and sadly, most of them have spent thousands on a legal website design that will simply never do what it is meant to do: deliver new clients consistently.
I want to ensure that you understand how important a website can be and that you obtain the best website possible for your law firm – one that converts!
Even if you do not believe that the right law firm website design can change the fortunes of your law firm (I promise you that it can) I know that you understand that the first place anyone looks when referred to you is your website. If your website does not do its job of conveying your expertise whilst being easy to use, your prospects will leave and go elsewhere. We don’t want that, do we?
Therefore, it is essential that your legal website works hard to convince all visitors that you are the right (and only) law firm for their immediate needs. This takes care of people recommended and referred to you.
If you then also ensure that it is very Google (and other search engine) friendly, not only will it convert people who are already recommended to you, but it will also bring you new clients who have not heard of you before.
“In some cases, law firm websites bring in as much as 75% of all new business for that firm from people starting a search for a solicitor online.”
Important elements of your law firm website design to consider
I have some good news and some bad news when it comes to legal website design. The design element is far less important than the content that you add to your website.
Knowing how difficult it is for solicitors to persuade their fee earners to write content for their website, this statement might cause you some concern. It need not though. There are people available who are better equipped to write the content than your fee earners (or even yourself if you are a sole practitioner).
Legal copywriters understand both your legal services and what a client expects to be able to read about them when choosing your services.
I can introduce you to the best legal copywriters and will provide you with how you can do this if you download the guide further down this page or if you get in touch with me using the details below.
Now that you have your copywriting all covered, what about the design of your law firm website?
These are the most important factors of my best performing law firm websites:
- Easy to use navigation;
- Alphabetical services listings (not in the order of importance of your services to you which is what I find on most websites);
- Enough content on each page for a visitor to believe that you are experts in the field of law in question;
- Enough external proof of your expertise (from items such as client reviews, press coverage, external memberships of specialist organisations covering your expertise); and
- Easy to use and consistent calls to action at the foot of each page (my call to action template is included in my free guide below – including the reason why you MUST use it).
What is not important when it comes to law firm website design
I have been working with solicitors websites on design and marketing since the 1990’s. I understand what is important when it comes to a good law firm website design, and equally as importantly what is not.
Here are some things that will not necessarily make your website work for you but which a lot of people spend a lot of time worrying about or considering:
- Lot of huge pictures of your local area. These often do far more harm than good. The only thing that will persuade someone to get in touch with you, which is the sole purpose of your website, is the content. Huge pictures of sheep on your local countryside will never achieve this, despite the fact that all of your competitors may be using pictures like this.
- Making your website look like your competitors which you think looks good. Most solicitors websites do not work, by which I mean they do not attract people to them or if they do they do not convince them to get in touch. However, I know from experience that often solicitors become fixated with their competitors’ websites. You don’t need to. Follow my advice in the free Legal Website Design guide below and you will be more successful than your competitors.
- You do not need to like your website. Your friends and family should probably dislike it. More often than not your website designer should NOT want to display your website on his or her portfolio page. Why? Because if he or she likes the design of it, it won’t produce new clients for you. Quite simply, the only thing that matters about your website is that your clients and future clients like it.
Why the right law firm Website Design can transform the success of a law firm.
Do you remember the Yellow Pages? The sales reps used to hold us all ransom to them when it came to renewal time. Why? Because they produced new instructions. People used to head to the Yellow Pages before the internet came along and changed their business model for good.
Why did that happen?
Simplicity. Whereas you had to trawl through pages and pages of the Yellow Pages to find the section you were looking for, then dozens of advertisements, now all you need to do is head to Google, type in the service that you are seeking and away you go. It now takes seconds to do what used to take minutes. Why would anyone use the Yellow Pages any more? It can’t even be used as a doorstep any longer because it is too light and too thin.
This is great news for solicitors though. Instead of having to spend £5-10,000 every year with the Yellow Pages, you can now spend a fraction of that sum producing a legal marketing resource that promotes your brand twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and three hundred and sixty five days per year.
If you really do get your legal website design right, it can quite literally transform the profits of your law firm, as it has done for many of my clients.
Are you ready to discover exactly what you need to do?
Free Law Firm Website Design & Marketing Guide
I spend all day, every working day working with law firms to grow their practices.
My mission is to save law firms from spending money on marketing tactics that will never work, and to save them wasting money on a website which will never produce new clients for them.
Nothing frustrates me more than a solicitor asking me for help just after they have spent hundreds or thousands of pounds on a new website which I can see instantly is simply not fit for purpose.
Please, if you are just about to do this, make sure you read this free guide first.
What Is Included?
- Why spending £100 or £10,000 usually doesn’t make any difference to the quality of your website.
- How to ensure that you obtain a fixed quote and that the law firm website designer sticks to it (which is a rare event).
- Which elements you must include to ensure that your website will produce new clients for your law firm.
Or if you are ready to take action and see results now:
Please call 0117 290 8555 to arrange a mutually convenient time for a telephone discussion, Email me or complete a Free Online Enquiry. There is no cost or obligation. We will have a chat about where you are and where you would like to be and I will suggest some things you can do to get there quickly.