If you are a solicitor sitting there thinking “I need some new clients right now”, I thought I might give you some help in the form of 21 law firm marketing ideas for solicitors to win you new clients quickly. They all are tried and tested. They all work.
I am Nick Jervis. I am a solicitor (now non-practising) and I have been marketing law firms since 1991.
Since 2003 I have been doing that full time through my law firm marketing consultancy, Samson Consulting.
The legal marketing ideas that I provide for solicitors are based on proven, practical marketing tactics that I have implemented successfully many times over for all of the law firms that I work with.
I have written a book, The Law Firm Growth Formula: How smart solicitors attract more of the right clients at the right price to grow their law firm quickly, which I am delighted to say has been an Amazon best seller.
I only tell you this to hopefully convince you that perhaps this page is worthy of a few minutes of your time.
I appreciate that there are a lot of so called ‘law firm marketing experts’ out there (there seem to be more every year, but many come and go) and that most solicitors have been caught out at least once or twice by being persuaded to spend money on a marketing idea that will never work.
It is precisely for that reason that I penned The Law Firm Growth Formula; to save solicitors spending money on the wrong legal marketing tactics that will simply never produce clients.
I remember those phone calls when I was in private practice on a Friday afternoon promising me all sorts of wonderful clients for only £1,000 if I signed up before 5pm and before my nearest competitor did. They never worked. I want to share with you what does work.
Below are 21 law firm marketing ideas to stimulate you.
However, I strongly suggest that you download my free guide by clicking the button below this paragraph. When you do, you will immediately receive the details of the most effective forms of marketing for solicitors, along with instructions on how to implement them in your own law firm.
21 Legal Marketing Ideas For Solicitors
- Send an email to clients old and new (anything related to your legal services, just to start a conversation that might lead to an instruction). I use a simple piece of software that anyone can use (no coding required). I share more details in the book available to download from this page.;
- Add a PS to all of your client letters leaving your office over the course of the next few weeks or months making an offer to use your services. Make the offer time sensitive to ensure that your clients take action, rather than put it to one side to use later.
- When you do as suggested in item 2 above and you see that it works, keep doing it each and every month but change the offer to ensure that you continue to receive instructions.
- From time to time, change the offer to your clients to be an offer to friends or business contacts of your clients if they are kind enough to refer you. Even just asking the question will get your clients thinking.
- Set up your LinkedIn profile promoting an offer for one of your services in your headline bio and connect with all of your business contacts and old clients; a nice gentle way to remind them of your existence.
- Make an offer to use your legal services on your blog and post a link to this on twitter, facebook and LinkedIn. Not only might this lead to some new instructions for your law firm, but it has the added benefit of letting Google know that your website is a living, breathing website (which it has to be if you want it to consistently bring new clients to you).
- Call old clients or people who refer to you for a general catch up and to see if they have anything in the pipeline for you. Ensure that the primary purpose of the call is to genuinely catch up with them and let the conversation lead on to your legal services if it is right that it does so.
If you are finding any of these legal marketing ideas useful, this is only the tip of the iceberg. For a more comprehensive book, showing you the most effective forms of marketing for solicitors right now, along with how to implement them, please do download my book by clicking the image to the right. I promise that you will find it incredibly useful.
The remainder of the 21 law firm marketing ideas for solicitors:
- Go to networking events and meet people. All networking groups are not created equal – some create “brain numbing insanity” – it doesn’t have to be that way. You might have to kiss a few frogs first, but persevere and you will find one that suits you and your business.
- Start a Google Adwords pay per click campaign to promote your core legal services.
This is by far one of the most effective forms of marketing for solicitors. You can read more about it by clicking here: PPC for law firms»
- Add live chat managed for you 24 hours a day 7 days a week to your website to dramatically increase the volume of enquiries for your services. Ask me for an introduction if you would like to discover more. Members of my Marketing4Solicitors service receive a discount on the live chat that I recommend.
- Ensure that you tell users what you expect them to do on your website at the foot of every page. This one change alone can bring a larger volume of enquiries to you. Law firm websites can and should be responsible for up to 50% of your new client instructions. If your law firm website is not yet achieving this, whether you are a commercial law firm or a High Street solicitors practice, you really are missing a trick. Download my book below to discover more.
- Obtain an A Board and put it outside of your offices with an offer to use your legal services. They still work.
- Record a video about your services, add it to your website and post a link to it from all of your social media accounts and in your legal email newsletter.
- Send a letter to old clients who have not used your services for a while, making an offer if they come back to you within a set period of time.
- Write a free book which will cover all of the core concerns that your prospects will have about your specialist legal service and then make this available to your clients in your premises and from your website.
- Write a press release, send it to your local papers and follow it up with a telephone call.
- Rewrite that advertisement that you have been running in your local paper for the last few years to focus on only one aspect of your services. Include an offer to use your services with a deadline (no deadline = total recline).
- Offer to run a seminar, webinar or teleseminar for one of your referrers on a topic of interest to their clients. This gives you the chance of winning new clients from their clients.
- Join LinkedIn Groups that contain your target clients and start answering their questions so that you become seen as the ‘go to expert’ in your area of legal expertise.
- Add posters to your office windows promoting your various legal services.
- Email all of your clients and ask them for their help in improving your website (this will ensure that they see your full range of services, reminding them how else you can help them).
- Send out those brochures sitting under the desk in reception with every client and referrer letter leaving your premises.
These are 21 (22 if you counted – I like to over deliver) simple, easy to use and implement immediately marketing ideas for solicitors.
Clearly, in one short article, I can only cover so much, so my strong advice is that you download my free book below which shows you the most powerful marketing methods for solicitors. If you use at least three of these, you will always have a steady and consistent flow of new clients beating a path to your door.
Ready To Take Action And See Results Now?
Please call 0117 290 8555 to arrange a mutually convenient time for a telephone discussion, Email me or complete a Free Online Enquiry. There is no cost or obligation. We will have a chat about where you are and where you would like to be and I will suggest some things you can do to get there quickly.